NEPAL PUBLIC EXPEDITION
April 11 - 18, 2020 Postponed due to Covid19
(OPTIONAL TOUR - POKHARA April 17 - 20)
Nestled between China and India in southern Asia, Nepal boasts the greatest altitude variation on earth. From sea-level lowlands to towering Himalayan peaks, this charming nation attracts world travelers with its majestic landscapes, vibrant traditions, and warm embraces of spirited Nepalese natives.
|04/11/2020||Saturday||Arrive at Kathmandu, rest||Hotel Mullberry|
|04/12/2020||Sunday||City tour, leave for Riverside, orientation + dinner||Riverside Springs|
|04/13/2020||Monday||Depart for Lamjung, settle in||Village|
|04/14/2020||Tuesday||Project work in the village||Village|
|04/15/2020||Wednesday||Project work in the village||Village|
|04/16/2020||Thursday||Project work in village, community farewell dinner||Village|
Pokhara Tour departs; Depart for Kathmandu, farewell dinner
|04/18/2020||Saturday||Early Everest Flight/ Departures/City Tour||Flights|
Optional Pokhara Tour Overview
|04/17/2020||Friday||Bus to Pokhara from village||Hotel Bahari|
|04/18/2020||Saturday||Guided Pokhara tour||Hotel Bahari|
|04/19/2020||Sunday||Explore Pokhara, afternoon flight to Kathmandu||Hotel Mullberry|
|04/20/2020||Monday||Flight departures||Flight to US|
A complete detailed itinerary is available to download HERE.
$2,395 (international airfare NOT included)
- A non-refundable deposit of $300 is due upon registration to confirm your place on the trip (counts towards total fee balance.
- *rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
- $50 discount per person if complete expedition fee is paid upfront with submission of application and $300 trip deposit 6 months in advance
- 10% group discount available for parties of 6 or more. Reach out to [email protected] to confirm group size and receive discount code.
- Student discounts available - please apply HERE! $250 off for students who fulfill certain requirements (does not stack with the group discount). Upon review and approval from CHOICE, you will receive a discount code to reduce the fee.
- Members of The Village are also eligible for additional expedition discounts. Please visit choicehumanitarian.org/membership to join and learn more!
Early Morning Everest Flight - Early morning flight tour on the day of flight departures. Beautiful to pass by and see Mt. Everest. Price is $250 per person.
Available to all participants on April 18 OR April 20 from 5 - 9am.
Pokhara Tour (April 17 - 20) - 3-day tour after the expedition. Price is $700 per person.
*rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, in-country flight to Pokhara, select meals, tour fees, local transportation.
ARRIVAL: *Saturday, April 11: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) in Kathmandu before 11pm (if possible, reserve personal travel for after the expedition)
DEPARTURE: *Saturday, April 18: Transportation will be provided to Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) for flight departures.
Expedition + Pokhara Tour
ARRIVAL: *Saturday, April 11: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) in Kathmandu before 11pm.
DEPARTURE: *Monday, April 20: Transportation will be provided to Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) for flight departures.
Our in-country team will book domestic flights to Pokhara. Flights are included in the tour price.
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities.
CHOICE partners with CV Travel, a Humanitarian Travel subsidiary of Christopherson Business Travel. They have helped thousands of humanitarian travelers across the globe. For those looking to travel with fellow participants on pre-approved itineraries, please contact our trusted travel agent for this trip, or book your own ticket on one of the attached itinerary suggestions. CV Travel also provides affordable and comprehensive travel insurance as well as special humanitarian rates and provisions, such as extra baggage, etc…
- Registration Form
- Detailed Trip Itinerary
- Information about Community and Project Details
- Meet your Certified Trip Leaders!
- Expedition Manual
- Nepal Appendix (Read all info! Includes details in vaccines, visas, and country details)
- Complete and submit your registration for all participants. (ASAP)
- Pay initial $300 deposit per/person to secure your spot ($50 discount if full fee paid upfront) (ASAP)
- Upload a copy of your passport
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy as soon as this is booked.
- Secure Travel/Evac Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the Expedition Manual.
- Join the trip's Facebook group or request an invite!
- Attend trip orientation! This is usually held 6 - 8 weeks before the start of the expedition. Details to follow.
All materials and payments are due March 11, 2020 at the latest. All materials should be sent to [email protected].
For any questions, reach out to CHOICE Expeditions Program Specialist, Emily Wright (207) 432-8442.
Learn all about our work and history in Nepal HERE.
Read this Expedition Journal from a past trip to Nepal to see how other families, friends, and co-workers navigated the experience together!