Nepal Spring Public Expedition
April 11 - 18, 2020
Nestled between China and India in southern Asia, Nepal boasts the greatest altitude variation on earth. From sea-level lowlands to towering Himalayan peaks, this charming nation attracts world travelers with its majestic landscapes, vibrant traditions, and warm embraces of spirited Nepalese natives.
> Project & Community Details
> Expedition Leaders
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: (801) 660-0996
Instagram handle: @fancynancy54
Country Experience: Nepal, Mexico, Kenya, Peru, China, Guatemala, Zambia, Thailand, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Spain, Europe, Russia.
Number of CHOICE trips lead: (2) Mexico, (2) Nepal, (1) Peru
Nancy has been actively involved with CHOICE Humanitarian since 2006. She participated with CHOICE staff and board members in live consultation with Bishnu Adhikari to triage and implement measures to alleviate suffering while reinforcing the CHOICE model of leadership and development immediately following the Nepal earthquake in 2015.
Nancy has honed her leadership and organizational skills while orchestrating expeditions that incorporate cultural sensitivity, purposeful productivity and meaningful experiences for all. Nancy is strong, motivated and enthusiastic because being with people, growing with people, laughing with people and building friendships brings her joy.
Nancy graduated from Weber State University, with a BS in Earth Sciences and History and a Secondary Teaching Certificate. She received certification from the Nonprofit Academy for Excellence at the University of Utah. Nancy is happily married to Scott Waterfall and the mother of 7 fantastic kids who are also avid supporters of CHOICE. Nancy loves to snow ski, hike, bike and swim. She has provided scholarships for children and young adults through her Laps for Learning swimming fund and has assisted in the building of several schools in Nepal.
> Expedition Fees
$2,395 per person
- International airfare not included.
- A non-refundable deposit of $300 is due upon application to confirm your place on the trip (counts towards total fee balance).
- *Rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
- $50 discount per person if complete expedition fee is paid upfront with submission of application and $300 trip deposit 6 months in advance
- 10% group discount available for parties of 6 or more. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm group size and receive discount code.
- Student discounts available - please apply HERE! $250 off for students who fulfill certain requirements (does not stack with the group discount). Upon review and approval from CHOICE, you will receive a discount code to reduce the fee.
- Members of The Village are also eligible for additional expedition discounts. Please visit choicehumanitarian.org/membership to join and learn more!
> Optional Tours
Pokhara Tour (April 17 - 20)
Explore temples and the Nepal culture in a 3-day tour after the expedition. Price is $700 per person.
Early Morning Everest Flight
Early morning flight tour on the day of flight departures. Beautiful to pass by and see Mt. Everest. Price is $250 per person.
Available to all participants on Saturday, April 18 OR Monday, April 20 from 5 - 9am.
> Flight Requirements
ARRIVAL: *Saturday, April 11* Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) in Kathmandu before 5pm (if possible, reserve personal travel for after the expedition)
DEPARTURE: *Saturday, April 18* Transportation will be provided to Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) for flight departures.
Expedition + Pokhara Tour
ARRIVAL: *Saturday, April 11* Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) in Kathmandu before 11pm.
DEPARTURE: *Monday, April 20* Transportation will be provided to Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) for flight departures.
Our in-country team will book domestic flights to Pokhara. Flights are included in the tour price.
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities. If you do arrive before the start of the expedition or stay later, please let us know where you will be staying or if you would like us to help in booking hotels.
CHOICE partners with CV Travel, a Humanitarian Travel subsidiary of Christopherson Business Travel. They have helped thousands of humanitarian travelers across the globe. For those looking to travel with fellow participants on pre-approved itineraries, please contact our trusted travel agent for this trip, or book your own ticket on one of the attached itinerary suggestions. CV Travel also provides affordable and comprehensive travel insurance as well as special humanitarian rates and provisions, such as extra baggage, etc…
> Trip Resources
> Next Steps
- Complete and submit your application for all participants. (ASAP)
- Pay initial $300 deposit per/person to secure your spot.
- Upload a copy of your passport
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy as soon as this is booked.
- Secure Travel/Evacuation Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the Expedition Manual.
- Join the trip's Facebook group or request an invite!
- Attend trip orientation! This is usually held 6 - 8 weeks before the start of the expedition. Details to follow.
All materials and payments are due February 11, 2020 at the latest. All materials should be uploaded through application website or sent to email@example.com.
For any questions, reach out to CHOICE Expeditions Program Specialist, Emily Wright (207) 432-8442.
Learn all about our work and history in Nepal HERE.
Read this Expedition Journal from a past trip to Nepal to see how other families, friends, and co-workers navigated the experience together!