MEXICO March 3 - 10, 2018
Situated just south of the United States, colonial architecture and adobe villages define the colorful nation of Mexico. Amidst the scenic landscapes and rural communities that populate central Mexico, grateful villagers greet our expeditions with joyful smiles and warm embraces.
|3/3/2018||Saturday||Arrive in Guanajuato, Orientation||Guanajuato Hotel|
|3/4/2018||Sunday||Tour CHOICE Center, Community Arrival||Community|
|3/5/2018||Monday||Stove + Water Cistern Project Work||Community|
|3/6/2018||Tuesday||Stove + Water Cistern Project Work||Community|
|3/7/2018||Wednesday||Stove + Water Cistern Project Work||Community|
|3/8/2018||Thursday||Community Thanksgiving + Farewell||Community|
|3/9/2018||Friday||Travel to Guanajuato, Explore, Farewell||Guanajuato Hotel|
|3/10/2018||Saturday||Explore Guanajuato, Depart Home/Travel||Flight/Personal Travel|
A complete detailed itinerary is available to download HERE.
Adult: $2195 Student: $1995 (international airfare NOT included) / 10% discount for all parties of 6 or more. Additional $50 discount per person if complete fee is paid upfront with submission of application and $300 trip deposit no later than December 3rd, 2018.
*rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
Payments can be made two ways:
1) Mailing a check (preferred if paying for more than one person as it reduces processing fees for CHOICE) made out to:
7879 South 1530 West, Suite 200 | West Jordan, UT 84088
Memo: “Participant Name, Trip Country + Date”
2) Online HERE
- Saturday, March 3: arrive at Del Bajío International Airport (BJX) before 2:00PM
- Saturday, March 10: depart from Del Bajío International Airport (BJX) in the morning or at your desired time frame.
- Transportation will be provided to Del Bajío International Airport (BJX)) for international flight departures. Later afternoon departures are recommended.
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities.
CHOICE partners with CV Travel, a Humanitarian Travel subsidiary of Christopherson Business Travel. They have helped thousands of humanitarian travelers across the globe. For those looking to travel with fellow participants on pre-approved itineraries, please contact our trusted travel agent for this trip, or book your own ticket on one of the attached itinerary suggestions. CV Travel also provides an affordable and comprehensive travel insurance as well as special humanitarian rates and provisions, such as extra baggage etc…
- Application + Medical Form (Due ASAP)
- Trip Itinerary
- Expedition Manual
- Country Appendix (Read all info! Includes details in vaccines, visas, and country details)
- Submit completed Application + Medical Form for all participants (ASAP)
- Pay initial $300 deposit per person (ASAP)
- Send in a copy of your passport.
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy of your itinerary as soon as this is booked
- Secure Travel/Evacuation Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the expedition manual
- Join the trip's Facebook Group or request an invite!
- Attend trip orientation! Details coming soon.
Learn all about our work and history in Mexico HERE.