Mexico Aquaponics Expedition
April 25 - May 1, 2020
About Mexico Expedition
Situated just south of the United States, colonial architecture and adobe villages define the colorful nation of Mexico. Amidst the scenic landscapes and rural communities that populate central Mexico, grateful villagers greet our expeditioners with joyful smiles and warm embraces.
> Project & Community Details
> Expedition Leaders
Nathan (Nacho) Coonen
Personal Email Address – email@example.com
Personal Phone Number – (435)-531-3318
LinkedIn Profile – https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-coonen-01852b60/
Facebook Profile – https://www.facebook.com/nathan.coonen.9
Instagram Handle – @coonen_nate
Country Experience – Mexico, Peru
Number of CHOICE Trips Led – 7
Languages Spoken – Spanish
Personal Bio – Nathan Coonen has been a part of the CHOICE Family for 6 years as a volunteer and Certified Expedition Leader. He loves the work that CHOICE does to provide a unique avenue to pursue relationships between supporters, volunteers, and villagers while elevating individuals out of extreme poverty. Nathan has a degree in environmental engineering and has dedicated his time towards aquaponics development since his graduation from Utah State University in 2014. Nathan loves to climb in his free time and is always looking forward to his next trip.
> Expedition Fees
$1,000 per person
- International airfare not included.
- A non-refundable deposit of $300 is due upon application to confirm your place on the trip (counts towards total fee balance).
- Rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, security personnel, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
> Flight Requirements
ARRIVAL: *Saturday, April 25* Arrive at Del Bajio Airport (BJX) between 3:00 - 7:00 PM.
DEPARTURE: *Thursday April 30* Depart from Del Bajio Airport (BJX) at desired time frame. Transportation will be provided on April 30th to airport for international flight departures. Later afternoon departures are recommended.
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities. If you do arrive before the start of the expedition or stay later, please let us know where you will be staying or if you would like us to help in booking hotels.
CHOICE partners with CV Travel, a Humanitarian Travel subsidiary of Christopherson Business Travel. They have helped thousands of humanitarian travelers across the globe. For those looking to travel with fellow participants on pre-approved itineraries, please contact our trusted travel agent for this trip, or book your own ticket on one of the attached itinerary suggestions. CV Travel also provides affordable and comprehensive travel insurance as well as special humanitarian rates and provisions, such as extra baggage, etc…
> Trip Resources
> Next Steps
- Complete and submit your application for all participants. (ASAP)
- Pay initial $300 deposit per/person to secure your spot.
- Upload a copy of your passport
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy as soon as this is booked.
- Secure Travel/Evacuation Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the Expedition Manual.
- Join the trip's Facebook group or request an invite!
- Attend trip orientation! This is usually held 6 - 8 weeks before the start of the expedition. Details to follow.
All materials and payments are due February 25, 2020 at the latest. All materials should be uploaded through application website or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions, reach out to CHOICE Expeditions Program Specialist, Emily Wright (207) 432-8442.
Learn all about our work and history in Mexico HERE.