GENERAL FUNCTION: CHOICE Humanitarian is a non-profit leadership organization that works in remote villages around the world to end extreme poverty since 1982. Our Leadership Model of Development has received international recognition and has a proven track record of success – building strong local leadership so communities can develop their own vision, goals, and plan to climb out of extreme poverty. Our model is holistic and integrates five core areas:
1) Economic development 2) Health 3) Education 4) Environment 5) Culture preservation
Projects are a vehicle used to organize communities and mobilize resources to create lasting change. During this 3-5 year process, a solid foundation is established to build a community’s path towards self-reliance. Headquartered in West Jordan, UT, CHOICE Humanitarian operates with an annual budget of $5 million dollars and a global staff of some of the top leaders in the International Development sector.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a full-time position that reports directly to the CEO and will be charged with managing marketing, social media, content and public relations programs from start to finish, while partnering with and learning from some of the greatest minds in International Development. In addition, the position will enjoy life-changing international travel opportunities and the ability to make a real difference in CHOICE’s mission to end extreme global poverty.
- Plan and oversee all marketing and communication initiatives.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, social media posts, corporate giving collateral and website.
- Develop and oversee marketing for all fundraising initiatives
- Build and manage relationships with all media contacts in partnership with volunteer committee.
- Implement programs that raise the visibility of CHOICE Humanitarian.
- Manage strategic implementation of communication plans and content calendar.
- Devise and execute response strategies for a variety of media requests, including crisis communication situations.
- Author media materials (press releases, Q&A, talking points, fact sheets, etc.) and provide editorial services to other departments to support proactive and reactive communications activities.
- Develop and implement social media strategy.
- Create and manage digital lead-generation initiatives.
- Manage content and maintenance of website.
- Evolve CHOICE communication tactics to realize new opportunities and growth areas
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDES:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to develop innovative and aggressive marketing campaigns without a large budget.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to being a high-performance team player.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- A strong passion to make a difference and a belief in CHOICE’s mission to end extreme poverty.
- Ability to effectively convey the story of CHOICE in a way that fits our culture.
- Availability to travel in the countries where we work.
- Spanish speaker preferred.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: Competitive compensation package that includes health, dental, and vision benefits. Amazing travel opportunities all around the world with discounts for family and friends, and a competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
Interested applicants should email letter of interest, CV and 3 references before December 12th.
In addition, you must develop a video (4-minute max) that responds to the following questions:
- What is your personal “why” in life? 2. Do you believe that extreme poverty can end? 3. Why do you want to be on the CHOICE team?