Guatemala Summer Public Expedition
July 18 - 25, 2020
The picturesque nation of Guatemala bridges Mexico with all other Central American countries. While quaint in geographical size, the native people radiate a happiness that is larger than life.
More details coming soon!
> Project & Community Details
> Expedition Leaders
> Expedition Fees
$2,395 (international airfare NOT included)
- A non-refundable deposit of $300 is due upon registration to confirm your place on the trip (counts towards total fee balance.
- Rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
- $50 discount per person if complete expedition fee is paid upfront with submission of application and $300 trip deposit 6 months in advance
- 10% group discount available for parties of 6 or more. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm group size and receive discount code.
- Student discounts available - please apply HERE! $250 off for students who fulfill certain requirements (does not stack with the group discount). Upon review and approval from CHOICE, you will receive a discount code to reduce the fee.
- Members of The Village are also eligible for additional expedition discounts. Please visit www.choicehumanitarian.org/membership to join and learn more!
> Flight Requirements
ARRIVAL: *Saturday, July 18* Arrive at La Aurora International Airport (GUA) before 1pm (the earlier the better).
DEPARTURE: *Saturday, July 25* Leisure time to explore Guatemala is possible (depending on flight departures). Transportation will be provided to La Aurora International Airport (GUA) for flight departures.
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities.
CHOICE partners with CV Travel, a Humanitarian Travel subsidiary of Christopherson Business Travel. They have helped thousands of humanitarian travelers across the globe. For those looking to travel with fellow participants on pre-approved itineraries, please contact our trusted travel agent for this trip, or book your own ticket on one of the attached itinerary suggestions. CV Travel also provides affordable and comprehensive travel insurance as well as special humanitarian rates and provisions, such as extra baggage, etc…
> Trip Resources
> Next Steps
- Complete and submit your registration for all participants. (ASAP)
- Pay initial $300 deposit per/person to secure your spot ($50 discount if full fee paid upfront) (ASAP)
- Upload a copy of your passport
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy as soon as this is booked.
- Secure Travel/Evac Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the Expedition Manual.
- Join the trip's Facebook group or request an invite!
- Attend trip orientation! This is usually held 6 - 8 weeks before the start of the expedition. Details to follow.
All materials and payments are due May 18, 2020 at the latest. All materials should be sent to email@example.com.
For any questions, reach out to CHOICE Expeditions Program Specialist, Emily Wright (207) 432-8442.
Learn all about our work and history in Guatemala HERE.