Expedition Program Specialist Job Opening
CHOICE Humanitarian is an international NGO ending extreme poverty in remote villages across Kenya, Nepal, Guatemala, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Vietnam, and Mexico since 1982. Headquartered in West Jordan, UT, CHOICE Humanitarian operates with an annual budget of $5 million dollars (and growing) and a global staff of 80.
ABOUT EXPEDITIONS PROGRAM
CHOICE’s Expedition Program is a social enterprise that facilitates in-country seminars and volunteer humanitarian expeditions with over 30 community-managed projects in all 7 CHOICEcountries each year. In 2017, nearly 700 participants, including families, friends, adventure travelers, donors, and corporate partners went out to have a transparent exposure to the work we do, to learn from community leaders, to support a phase of project communities are managing, and to better understand, together with community members, what it means to be equal global citizens. Expeditions are an organic mix of humanitarian service, learning, and intercultural exchange. The experience is rough, tiring, educating, adventurous, life-changing, and sustainable. Our expedition program not only funds the projects each trip supports but also hundreds of other community-led projects across the globe.
CHOICE does not do development through expeditions but rather allows expeditions to support and accelerate the development taking place by community leaders in our project areas. That is core to our Expedition Philosophy.
The Expedition Program Specialist is a flexible, part-time (20 hr/week) position. Together with the Expeditions Program Director, the Specialist leads the charge in supporting the overall expedition program goals. Core responsibilities include:
● The management of participant data and payments, including the collection, entry, and organization of all required travel documents, registrations, medical info, and fee payments
● Delivery of a first-class customer service experience, including direct participant interaction email and phone calls
● Participant travel preparation, including the design of country itineraries, fact sheets, project info sheets, trip resource websites, and orientation materials
● Participant fundraising support
● Participant integration into broader organizational campaigns and initiative
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, & ATTITUDES
● Acute attention to detail, particularly with the entry and management of data, budgets, and payments
● Strong verbal and written communications
● Experience in travel planning strongly preferred
● Knowledge and experience using CVENT events management software strongly preferred
● Fluency in English required; fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
● Demonstrated experience in delivering top-notch customer service
● Proven presentation skills and ability to lead in group settings preferred
● Extensive knowledge of foreign cultures, travel requirements, destinations, and procedures preferred
● Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Drive required
● Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university preferred, but not required
● Passion and belief that extreme poverty can end
Competitive compensation package that includes travel opportunities around the world and a competitive hourly wage commensurate with your experience.
Applicants should submit a resume, writing sample, 3 references, and a 2-minute video that pitches why you are applying and why you are the best fit for the role. There is no set guideline for your video and the sky's the limit; help us understand your passion and feel free to be creative. The video can be an attachment or link. All materials must be submitted no later than January 6, 2019.
Submit all application materials through our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. Any questions can be sent to Riley Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org