Bolivia Public Expedition
October 17 - 24, 2020
Volunteers participating in CHOICE Expeditions will arrive at La Paz (El Alto International Airport – LPB) and depart from La Paz (unless indicated otherwise). All expeditions take place in the rural villages of the La Paz Department in the Altiplano region with increasing elevations between 11,000 - 13,000 feet above sea level. Frequent expedition projects include the construction of village schoolhouses and the installation of water systems. You are invited to join CHOICE in building people, not just projects!
Detailed itinerary coming soon!
> Project & Community Details
> Expedition Leaders
> Expedition Fees
$2,395 per person
- International airfare not included.
- A non-refundable deposit of $300 is due upon application to confirm your place on the trip (counts towards total fee balance).
- Rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
- $50 discount per person if complete expedition fee is paid upfront with submission of application and $300 trip deposit 6 months in advance
- 10% group discount available for parties of 6 or more. Reach out to email@example.com to confirm group size and receive discount code.
- Student discounts available - please apply HERE! $250 off for students who fulfill certain requirements (does not stack with the group discount). Upon review and approval from CHOICE, you will receive a discount code to reduce the fee.
- Members of The Village are also eligible for additional expedition discounts. Please visit choicehumanitarian.org/membership to join and learn more!
> Flight Requirements
ARRIVAL: *Saturday, October 17* Arrive into La Paz (El Alto International Airport - LPB) by late afternoon.
DEPARTURE: *Saturday, October 24* Depart from La Paz (El Alto International Airport - LPB) at your desired time.
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities. If you do arrive before the start of the expedition or stay later, please let us know where you will be staying or if you would like us to help in booking hotels.
CHOICE partners with CV Travel, a Humanitarian Travel subsidiary of Christopherson Business Travel. They have helped thousands of humanitarian travelers across the globe. For those looking to travel with fellow participants on pre-approved itineraries, please contact our trusted travel agent for this trip, or book your own ticket on one of the attached itinerary suggestions. CV Travel also provides affordable and comprehensive travel insurance as well as special humanitarian rates and provisions, such as extra baggage, etc…
> Trip Resources
> Next Steps
- Complete and submit your application for all participants. (ASAP)
- Pay initial $300 deposit per/person to secure your spot.
- Upload a copy of your passport
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy as soon as this is booked.
- Secure Travel/Evacuation Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the Expedition Manual.
- Join the trip's Facebook group or request an invite!
- Attend trip orientation! This is usually held 6 - 8 weeks before the start of the expedition. Details to follow.
All materials and payments are due August 17, 2020 at the latest. All materials should be uploaded through application website or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions, reach out to CHOICE Expeditions Program Specialist, Emily Wright (207) 432-8442.
Learn all about our work and history in Bolivia HERE.