BOLIVIA August 11 - 18, 2018
A landlocked nation of South America, Bolivia radiates a charming culture that sweeps across eastern lowlands, western highlands, and endless salt flats. Generous natives await each CHOICE expedition in the famed Altiplano region amidst Andean peaks at 13,000 feet above sea level.
|8/11/2018||Saturday||Arrive in La Paz, Travel to Copacabana||Lake Titicaca/Copacabana|
|8/12/2018||Sunday||Tour Lake, Travel to Community||Village|
|8/13/2018||Monday||Project Work/Community Activities||Village|
|8/14/2018||Tuesday||Project Work/Community Activities||Village|
|8/15/2018||Wednesday||Project Work/Community Activities||Village|
|8/16/2018||Thursday||Project Work/Community Activities||Village|
|8/17/2018||Friday||Village to La Paz, Dinner||La Paz|
|8/18/2018||Saturday||Day to Explore/Fly out||La Paz|
A complete detailed itinerary is available to download HERE.
Adult: $2195 Student: $1995 (international airfare NOT included) / 10% discount for all parties of 6 or more. Additional $50 discount per person if complete fee is paid upfront with submission of application and $300 trip deposit no later than April 11th, 2018.
*rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
Payments can be made two ways:
1) Mailing a check (preferred if paying for more than one person as it reduces processing fees for CHOICE) made out to:
7879 South 1530 West, Suite 200 | West Jordan, UT 84088
Memo: “Participant Name, Trip Country + Date”
2) Online HERE
*Saturday, August 11: arrive into La Paz (LPB) before 8:00AM (AA 922 from Miami arrives at 5am)
*Saturday, August 18: depart from La Paz (LPB) in the morning or at your desired time frame, travelers can also enjoy a full Saturday in La Paz and depart on Sunday, Aug 19
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities.
CHOICE partners with CV Travel, a Humanitarian Travel subsidiary of Christopherson Business Travel. They have helped thousands of humanitarian travelers across the globe. For those looking to travel with fellow participants on pre-approved itineraries, please contact our trusted travel agent for this trip, or book your own ticket on one of the attached itinerary suggestions. CV Travel also provides an affordable and comprehensive travel insurance as well as special humanitarian rates and provisions, such as extra baggage etc…
- Application + Medical Form (Due ASAP)
- Trip Itinerary
- Expedition Manual
- Country Appendix (Read all info! Includes details on vaccines, visas, and country details)
- Download and return (email/mail) completed Application + Medical Form for all participants (ASAP)
- Pay initial $300 deposit per/person ($50 discount if full fee paid up front) (ASAP)
- Send in a copy of your passport
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy of your itinerary as soon as this is booked.
- Secure Travel/Evacuation Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the expedition manual
- Join the expedition's FACEBOOK GROUP or request an invite!
- Attend trip orientation! Details to follow.
All materials and payments are due June 11, 2018. All materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, reach out to CHOICE Expedition Coordinator, Riley Greenwood 801-389-1494.
Learn all about our work and history in Bolivia HERE.
Read this Expedition Journal from a past trip to Bolivia to see how other families, friends, and co-workers navigated the experience together!