CHG MEXICO NOV 18 - 25, 2017
Situated just south of the United States, colonial architecture and adobe villages define the colorful nation of Mexico. Amidst the scenic landscapes and rural communities that populate central Mexico, grateful villagers greet our expeditions with joyful smiles and warm embraces.
|11/18/2017||Saturday||Arrive in Guanajuato, Orientation||Guanajuato Hotel|
|11/19/2017||Sunday||Tour CHOICE Center, Community Arrival||Community|
|11/20/2017||Monday||Stove + Water Cistern Project Work||Community|
|11/21/2017||Tuesday||Stove + Water Cistern Project Work||Community|
|11/22/2017||Wednesday||Stove + Water Cistern Project Work||Community|
|11/23/2017||Thursday||Community Thanksgiving + Farewell||Community|
|11/24/2017||Friday||Travel to Guanajuato, Explore, Farewell||Guanajuato Hotel|
|11/25/2017||Saturday||Explore Guanajuato, Depart Home/Travel||Flight/Personal Travel|
A complete detailed itinerary is available to download HERE.
- Initial deposit of $300/person (May 1st)
- Complete payment of balance (Sept. 18th)
Employee Balance: $2,000 - CHG Contribution ($500) - Deposit ($300) = $1,200
*rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible (if you haven’t already). It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities.
Reach out to the following CHG travel lead to book your flight:
Gordon Cowley, Sr. Travel Manager, Projects and Places
As a reminder, here are the schedule requirements in order to participate in all expedition activities:
*Saturday, Nov 18: arrive into Guanajuato (BJX) before 5pm
*Saturday, Nov 25: depart from Guanajuato (BJX) at your desired time frame, including Sunday if you desire an extra day in Guanajuato.
- Application + Medical Form (Due ASAP)
- Trip Itinerary
- Expedition Manual
- Country Appendix (Read all info! Includes details in vaccines, visas, and country details)
- Download and return (email/mail) completed Application + Medical Form for all participants (ASAP)
- Pay initial $300 deposit per/person (ASAP - May 1 deadline)
- Join the trip Facebook Group or request an invite!
- Send in a copy of your passport.
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy as soon as this is booked.
- Secure Travel/Evac Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the attached expedition manual.
- Attend trip orientation! Details to follow.
All materials and payments are due Sept 18, 2017. All materials should be sent to email@example.com. For any questions, reach out to CHOICE Expedition Director, Jordan Menzel firstname.lastname@example.org 801-943-6106.
Learn all about our work and history in Mexico HERE.