KENYA THRIVE EXPEDITION JUNE 23-JULY 2, 2017
Located just below Ethiopia on Africa's eastern coast, Kenya offers a diverse landscape of central plateaus, arid deserts, and coastal plains that stretch along the Indian Ocean. Each CHOICE expedition begins and ends with a village celebration of brilliant song and dance.
|6/23/17||Friday - Day 1||Arrive in Nairobi - Afternoon/Evening - 67 Hotel|
|6/24/17||Saturday||Safari - Amboseli - AA Lodge|
|6/25/17||Sunday||Safari - Mzumi Springs/Tsavo West/Tsavo East - Aruba Lodge|
|6/26/17||Monday||Safari - Tsavo East - Travel to Village|
|7/1/17||Saturday||Village to Mombasa - Voyager Hotel|
|7/2/17||Sunday - Day 10||Flight to USA - Afternoon/Evening Departure|
|7/3/17||Monday||Travel Day - Afternoon/Evening Arrival Home|
A complete detailed itinerary is available to download HERE.
Adult: $2650 (International Airfare NOT Included) / Includes $300 deposit.
*rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
Payments can be made two ways:
1) Mailing a check (preferred if paying for more than one person as it reduces processing fees for CHOICE) made out to:
7879 South 1530 West, Suite 200 | West Jordan, UT 84088
Memo: “Participant Name, Trip Country + Date”
2) Online HERE
*Friday, June 23: arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International (NBO) in Nairobi before 10pm
*Sunday, July 2: depart from Moi International (MBA) in Mombasa at your convenience (later afternoon flights preferable)
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities.
CHOICE partners with CV Travel, a Humanitarian Travel subsidiary of Christopherson Business Travel. They have helped thousands of humanitarian travelers across the globe. For those looking to travel with fellow participants on pre-approved itineraries, please contact our trusted travel agent for this trip, or book your own ticket on one of the attached itinerary suggestions. CV Travel also provides an affordable and comprehensive travel insurance as well as special humanitarian rates and provisions, such as extra baggage etc…
- Application + Medical Form (Due ASAP)
- Trip Itinerary
- Expedition Manual
- Country Appendix (Read all info! Includes details in vaccines, visas, and country details)
- Send in completed Application + Medical form for all participants (ASAP)
- Join the trip Facebook Group or request an invite!
- Send in a copy of your passport
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy as soon as this is booked
- Secure Travel/Evac Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the attached expedition manual
- Review the trip orientation materials
All materials and payments are due May 10, 2017. All materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the experience in Kenya, reach out to Pearl Wright email@example.com , one of the CHOICE Expedition Leaders.
Learn all about our work and history in Kenya HERE.
Read this Expedition Journal from a past trip to Kenya to see how other families, friends, and co-workers navigated the experience together!