The picturesque nation of Guatemala bridges Mexico with all other Central American countries. While quaint in geographical size, the native people radiate a happiness that is larger than life. CHOICE expeditions focus on the indigenous Q'eqchi' communities of the pleasant Polochic region, amidst the breathtaking cloud forest of the Alta Verapaz state.
|11/4/2017||Saturday||Arrive in GUA by 5 pm. Dinner + Orientation||Hotel Barcelo|
|11/5/2017||Sunday||Early Flight to El Estor. Bus to Sikabe Center. Welcome||Sikabe|
|11/6/2017||Monday||Project Work in Village. Cardamom Planting/Learning||Sikabe|
|11/7/2017||Tuesday||Project work in village. Cardamom Planting/Learning||Sikabe|
|11/8/2017||Wednesday||Early Bus to El Estor. Flight to GUA. Bus to Antigua||Hotel in Antigua|
|11/9/2017||Thursday||Morning in Antigua. Bus to Lake Atitlan||Hotel in Atitlan|
|11/10/2017||Friday||Day it Atitlan. Afternoon Return to GUA. Farewell.||Hotel Barcelo|
|11/11/2017||Saturday||Explore GUA/ Return to USA.||Flight|
A complete detailed itinerary is available to download HERE.
$2600 (including $300 deposit due May 1st)
*rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
Payments can be made two ways:
1) Mailing a check (preferred if paying for more than one person as it reduces processing fees for CHOICE) made out to:
7879 South 1530 West, Suite 200 | West Jordan, UT 84088
Memo: “Participant Name, Trip Country + Date”
2) Online HERE
*Saturday, Nov 4: Arrive at La Aurora International Airport (GUA) before 5pm (the earlier the better)
*Saturday, Nov 11: Leisure time to explore Guatemala is possible (depending on flight departures) transportation will be provided to La Aurora International Airport (GUA) for flight departures.
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities.
CHOICE partners with CV Travel, a Humanitarian Travel subsidiary of Christopherson Business Travel. They have helped thousands of humanitarian travelers across the globe. For those looking to travel with fellow participants on pre-approved itineraries, please contact our trusted travel agent for this trip, or book your own ticket on one of the attached itinerary suggestions. CV Travel also provides an affordable and comprehensive travel insurance as well as special humanitarian rates and provisions, such as extra baggage etc…
- Application + Medical Form (Due ASAP)
- Trip Itinerary
- Expedition Manual
- Country Appendix (Read all info! Includes details in vaccines, visas, and country details)
- Download and return (email/mail) completed Application + Medical Form for all participants (ASAP)
- Pay initial $300 deposit per/person (ASAP)
- Join the trip Facebook Group or request an invite!
- Send in a copy of your passport
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy as soon as this is booked.
- Secure Travel/Evac Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the attached expedition manual.
- Attend trip orientation! Details to follow.
All materials and payments are due Sept 1, 2017. All materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, reach out to CHOICE Expedition Director, Jordan Menzel email@example.com 801-943-6106.
Learn all about our work and history in Guatemala HERE.
Read THIS Expedition Journal from a past trip to Guatemala to see how other families, friends, and co-workers navigated the experience together!