GUATEMALA EXPEDITION – JUNE 17 - 24, 2017
The picturesque nation of Guatemala bridges Mexico with all other Central American countries. While quaint in geographical size, the native people radiate a happiness that is larger than life. CHOICE expeditions focus on the indigenous Q'eqchi' communities of the pleasant Polochic region, amidst the breathtaking cloud forest of the Alta Verapaz state.
|6/17/2017||Saturday||Arrive in GUA by 12 pm - Bus to Rio Dulce, Orientation||Rio Dulce Resort|
|6/18/2017||Sunday||Boat tour of coast - Bus to village||Village|
|6/19/2017||Monday||Project work in village||Village|
|6/20/2017||Tuesday||Project work in village||Village|
|6/21/2017||Wednesday||Project work in village||Village|
|6/22/2017||Thursday||Project work in village||Village|
|6/23/2017||Friday||Bus to Guatemala City||Hotel Barcelo|
|6/24/2017||Saturday||Explore GUA/Antigua or travel home||GUA-USA|
A complete detailed itinerary is available to download HERE.
Adult: $2195 Student: $1995 (International Airfare NOT Included) / 10% Discount for all parties of 4 or more. Additional $50 discount per person if complete fee is paid upfront with submission of application and $300 trip deposit.
*rates include hotel accommodations, certified group leaders, village lodging, village meals, and local transportation.
Payments can be made two ways:
1) Mailing a check (preferred if paying for more than one person as it reduces processing fees for CHOICE) made out to:
7879 South 1530 West, Suite 200 | West Jordan, UT 84088
Memo: “Participant Name, Trip Country + Date”
2) Online HERE
*Saturday, June 17: Arrive at La Aurora International Airport (GUA) before 1pm (the earlier the better)
*Saturday, June 24: Leisure time to explore Guatemala is possible (depending on flight departures) transportation will be provided to La Aurora International Airport (GUA) for flight departures.
Be sure to check/purchase international flights as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that all travelers arrive on the designated expedition start date and reserve personal travel for after scheduled activities.
CHOICE partners with CV Travel, a Humanitarian Travel subsidiary of Christopherson Business Travel. They have helped thousands of humanitarian travelers across the globe. For those looking to travel with fellow participants on pre-approved itineraries, please contact our trusted travel agent for this trip, or book your own ticket on one of the attached itinerary suggestions. CV Travel also provides an affordable and comprehensive travel insurance as well as special humanitarian rates and provisions, such as extra baggage etc…
- Application + Medical Form (Due ASAP)
- Trip Itinerary
- Expedition Manual
- Country Appendix (Read all info! Includes details in vaccines, visas, and country details)
- Download and return (email/mail) completed Application + Medical Form for all participants (ASAP)
- Pay initial $300 deposit per/person ($50 discount if full fee paid up front) (ASAP)
- Join the trip Facebook Group or request an invite!
- Send in a copy of your passport
- Coordinate/book flight - Send us a copy as soon as this is booked.
- Secure Travel/Evac Insurance - Send in a copy and confirmation. You will find info regarding this on page 9-10 of the attached expedition manual.
- Attend trip orientation! Details to follow.
All materials and payments are due May 1, 2017. All materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, reach out to CHOICE Expedition Director, Jordan Menzel email@example.com 801-943-6106.
Learn all about our work and history in Guatemala HERE.
Read THIS Expedition Journal from a past trip to Guatemala to see how other families, friends, and co-workers navigated the experience together!